WELCOME TO THE INTRODUCTION FOR HAITI TODAY
PART OF THE HISTORY OF IDEAS ACADEMY
- History of Haiti - It is really more interesting (and messed up) than you'd think
- Vodou/Voodoo - Strong female leadership, it permits homosexuality, and no sin? No wonder Pat Robertson hates it.
- The People - Being Haitian is more than just being poor and living in a tent city. Learn about daily lives, gender, jobs, and relationships.
- The Republic of NGOs - The international presence in Haiti or in other words what happened to that $10 you texted after the earthquake?
- Top Hats, Skeletons, and Zombies - What to Haitians actually believe about the spirits of the dead and zombies?
- Haiti's Future - Hope, tourism, and education. What might actually help?